Friday, February 6, 2009

Picking Up Pennies

About a month ago, I was listening to an NPR program on the way to visit a friend. A guy was talking about how he started picking up change he found on the street and had saved over a thousand dollars in one year. He said his neighbors thought he was a bit crazy for searching the streets, but that he didn't care what they thought because he'd found a thousand dollars.

Hmmm.

In the past three weeks, I've found $50.89. That dude was on to something.

Maybe I can make this my retirement plan. Better yet, maybe I can make this my plan to afford this year's Golden Crown Literary Society Convention ticket. I'm almost at 30 percent already!

So go ahead, folks. Drop a penny? Don't bother to pick it up. I'll find it.


-------------
Friday 2/6 -- $0.11 from the 7-Eleven parking lot on Camp Bowie Blvd. in Fort Worth.
Saturday 2/7 -- $0.30 found near the middle school down the street on Thomas Place.
Sunday 2/8 -- $1.05 found in three different locations along my running route.

No comments:

Post a Comment