Saturday, August 6, 2011

Back to writing

I took a long break from writing to sort out my life.

But I'm back.

After clearing out 3,000+ messages in my yahoo e-mail account, removing dozens of farmville and island paradise requests from my facebook page, and tracking down the passwords for this blog and my Web site, I'm ready to get back to basics.

Projects are definitely in the works. I'm hunting down leads and calls for submissions (primarily short stories and/or flash fiction for anthologies). My idea folder is open and ready to be updated.

A year without writing feels like half an eternity, like I have to start from scratch. Telling myself I've written three books already and published other stories and articles doesn't help much.

Like running, a year off changes everything.

Today is just day one. We'll see where it goes from here.

-----------------

I quit smoking six months ago -- cold turkey. I used to write at the bar, while smoking. Maybe I need to find some candy cigarettes. The writing is coming... slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment