Saturday, January 24, 2009

BRRRRRRR...

It's 30 degrees outside (or feels like 21 with the wind). For Texas, that's pretty darn cold.

Now, I signed up for a 10K run on February 28 this year. Yup, one of the many Cowtown Marathon events. That's 6.2 miles. For some, that might not sound like a lot. But for the rest of us, that's quite a trek. I can do it -- slowly. I'm trying to build up my strength and speed so little children, people on wheelchairs, walkers, and people with babies don't pass me on the trail. ;)

So yes. I ran in the frigid cold. The arctic blast. In a temperature that made my butt, quads, and calves go numb so there was no pain. And I ran the fastest I've run in ages.

Five miles in 49 minutes.

My mantra: Get it over with. Get back to the house. Get in the warm. Get it over with. Faster. Faster. Faster. Brrrrrr....

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I was running on that same day. Wish I would have seen you. next time you run on a saturday, sneak a peak inside Panera Bread, there usually tons of us having our after-run coffees and pastries and what nots. though we wont be there this saturday because most of us our running the lake benbrook half marathon.
    Kevin Lyons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'll keep that in mind when I run next Saturday. What time are ya'll usually up there? And good luck on the half!!

    ReplyDelete